Saturday, May 7, 2011

I don't know bad things Daddy!

I was putting Micah to bed the other night as I always do since Hilary stays with him during the day.  Micah can always count on his Daddy time when it is time for bed- and any other way is wrong in his eyes.  We have our standard way of doing things in an order that can not be changed or altered in any way.  We always start with reading a story in his little bible followed by his scripture readings and memorization and then prayer time.  We have about 19 index cards that are filled out with different prayer requests that Micah had us write down.  He wanted to make sure these particular requests got attention during each prayer.  This particular night we read the story of Job and how a whole bunch of things happened to Job, but he never turned his back on God.  No matter what, Job believed in God and put his trust in Him.  I usually like to talk about what we read to help Micah get a little deeper in his understanding, so I asked him if he can remember a time when something bad happened to our family.  He said No!  So I asked him, what about sissy?  Wasn't that a bad thing that happened to our family?  Micah said, No...it was a good thing that happened to sissy.  What do you mean a good thing that happened to sissy...she left us...isn't that a bad thing?  No, it was a good thing...I don't know bad things Daddy.  Don't you miss your sissy Micah?  No! I don't miss sissy, he stated.  Do you miss hugging her and loving on her?  Yes, I do- Micah said.  Isn't it a bad thing that she left us?  No, it isn't a bad thing she left us Daddy, it is a good thing she left us.  It is a good thing she is gone?  Yes, I want her to be gone Daddy. At this point, I thought it may have been some mis-understanding on his part at what I was asking him.  Why do you want sissy to be gone Micah?  She is happy now Daddy...I don't want her here because she is happy with Jesus.  It's not a bad thing...I don't know bad things Daddy.  At this point, I gave Micah a big hug and told him that he understood things differently than I did.  This is why Jesus said, let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kindom of heaven belongs to such as these.  Children have a way of looking at things that we adults can learn from and grow from.  How they simply accept things with a child's heart.  It is real difficult for adults- who have been weathered by this life- to simply accept things as they are.  It isn't a bad thing that sissy is gone simply because she is happy now with Jesus.  It always hurts those left behind, but it isn't bad for those who are gone.  Micah wasn't thinking about himself, he was thinking about sissy's happiness.  That is all Micah needs to move on with his life.  Please continue to pray for our family as we move forward in this journey called life.  Every day I pray for Mercy and Grace on my life as I continue to learn and grow in Christ, so that one day I may stand before God un-accused.  What a Joy it has been to serve the Lord Jesus here in this lifetime so far.  May His Mercy and Grace extend to you all as well.  Grace and Peace until we meet again. 

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    I am not sure where you are emotionally...but I know of a family in Austin, TX that is going through some of the things you guys went through with sweet Kaydence...if you feel like you might be able to "talk" to them...please let me know and I will hook you up with their blog. My friends Suzanne and John are CLOSE friends of their family...

    ReplyDelete