Thursday, January 21, 2010

Are You Ready!

"Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill.  Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming.  It is close at hand- a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness.  Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor ever will be in ages to come.  Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes.  Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste- nothing escapes them.  They have the appearance of horses; they gallup along like cavalry.  With a noise like that of chariots they leap over the mountaintops, like a crackling fire consuming stubble, like a mighty army drawn up for battle.  At the sight of them, nations are in anguish; every face turns pale.  They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers.  They all march in line, not swerving from their course.  They do not jostle each other; each marches straight ahead.  They plunge through defenses without breaking ranks.  They rush upon the city; they run along the wall.  They climb into the houses; like theives they enter through the windows.  Before them the earth shakes, they sky trembles, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.  The Lord thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey his command.  The day of the Lord is great; it is dreadful.  Who can endure it?  "Even now," declares the Lord, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning."  Rend your heart and not your garments.  Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.  Who knows?  He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing- grain offerings and drink offerings for the Lord your God."  Joel 2:1-14

The last few days have been some incredible days for our family.  We have never been so on fire for God as we are at this moment...never so much in tune with the Spirit of God.  I was in the bathroom with Hilary yesterday morning fixing my hair and I simply paused and gazed into the abyss, I then looked out the window and did the same thing.  Hilary looked at me with these confused eyes, asking me what was wrong.  I told her, "nothing is wrong."  She told me that my face wasn't normal looking at the moment and gave me this look like I needed to tell her something.  As I took out my hearing aide, I looked at her in the eyes...wait...I just want to take a quick poll of how many people are thinking right at this moment, "I didn't know he had a hearing aide."  I don't have a hearing aide...I was just joking with you all.  So...anyway...I looked into her eyes and said, "He's Coming Soon!"  Yesterday morning, I had a deep, yet quiet, sense that He was coming soon.  I don't know what "soon" means, but there have been some interesting things happening around me lately.  I strongly believe that God is calling His people Home to Him.  I have had 4 people, and maybe more that I have not heard about yet, who has spoken about not being ready- if He was to come now.  Each one of these people have become passionate about getting to know Jesus on a much deeper level than they are on now.  I have to Praise the Lord when I hear that...He is calling His people Home to Him.  The scripture above is speaking of the army of God...lead by God.  When I read those words above, I have to stop and Praise God that He was patient with me until I came to Him and fell in Love with Him.  I look at people out there who I know are not living right, mostly because they openly state they don't believe...and I fear for them.  My eyes have been opened to the seriousness of the Choice to follow Christ or not.  Do you want to be against this army above?  I sure don't...I'm on His side!  People all over the world are being awakened in a way they have never been awakened before.  God is pouring out His Spirit everywhere, and people are coming to Him.  I was listening to Joel Rosenberg today and he was saying that there are record numbers of Jews recognizing Jesus as the Christ.  There are also a record number of Muslims recognizing Jesus as the Christ and coming to Him.  You don't hear about this, but on Christian television stations and various internet sites.  What an incredible outpouring of the Spirit is going on in the world right now.  Are you ready?  The stage is being set!

No comments:

Post a Comment